Cumbria Community Foundation and Centre for Leadership Performance are working in partnership on the Positive Disruptors competition in West Cumbria, which has launched in September 2021.
Positive Disruptors aims to:
- give young people aged 10-25 years from disadvantaged backgrounds in West Cumbria the opportunity to have their ideas and ambitions heard and the potential to have them realised
- challenge young people to think creatively and in more enterprising ways
- empower young people to ‘positively disrupt’ the status quo and to be heard
- support young people to test out their enterprising ideas
- break down the barriers for aspiring young entrepreneurs, by developing an enterprising culture based on encouragement and support
Successful ‘disruptors’ will receive expert support, funding and learning opportunities to bring their idea to life. This includes a grant of £1,000, a learning programme including coaching, mentoring and workshops to help young people develop their enterprising ideas and themselves as leaders.
Find out more and apply here.