The steering group has put together a series of questions to help you create your own video/card which will help us build a library of career stories across different sectors.
- Introduce yourself: Name, Current job title, company (including a description of the industry and what your company does)
- Leaving school qualifications: (College/A-levels)
- Career route: (Apprenticeship/University etc)
- How would you describe your work life to a friend?
- What do you like the most about your job?
- Why did you choose to take the current career route (e.g. did someone or something inspire you?)
- Is there anything you feel aided your success in achieving your career?
- Would you change your career or the route you chose to get there?
- What else do you do outside work (e.g. CFL) and why do you do it?
- What are your ambitions for the future?
- What would be your ‘top tip’ for other young people?
If you would like to answer these questions, you can do so by recording a short film or completing the answers in this form for us to create a career card.
Top tips for filming:
- Nothing fancy, just you recording on your phone or PC. We will edit the film for you, just send us through the clip/s.
- Film in landscape mode
- Smile and look at the camera
- Consider using a plain background
- Finally, check whether your company needs to see your video before you send it to us to check the content
Please bear in mind that this video/card will be shared by Cumbria Future Leaders and The Centre for Leadership Performance so please only film if you are happy to do so. If you are under 18, please ask your parent or guardian to sign a consent form for your image to be used for this purpose.
To send your film or career card or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org